Anyone who knows anything about my ministry (teaching the Word, preaching the Gospel, writing gospel tracts, making YouTube videos, etc), can at least tell one thing about me: I’M AGAINST SIN. I don’t think anyone should be sinning EVER. I preach an uncompromised message of turning from all sin and living a completely HOLY LIFE before God, walking in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Christians never have to sin and IF they sin, they must repent or they are in danger of dying and going to Hell. Even unbelievers have no excuse for their sins. If they did, then they wouldn’t truly be guilty, they would not deserve punishment and God couldn’t justly send them to Hell forever.
With that in mind, I’ve been thinking about this subject for a long time: REASONS NOT TO SIN…EVER. Even though I preach a message of absolute holiness, that doesn’t mean that holiness is automatic or easy. I need many of the points on this list just as much as the next person. I pray that this list helps to motivate you to live a holy life! I know that it helps me!
1) It grieves the Holy Spirit
2) It separates you from God
3) It puts you under the Wrath of God
4) It will end up sending you to Hell
5) It is a bad example to others
6) It will hurt your relationships with those who you’ve sinned against
7) You might lead others astray into sin by your bad influence
8) You could end up in jail
9) You could effect your job or even lose your job
10) It could cost you your marriage
11) It could cost you your family
12) It could cost you your ministry
13) It could cost you important possessions like your house or car
14) You could form bad habits/addictions that could take years to break
15) You could deceive yourself
16) You could end up a reprobate
17) You might end up believing in false doctrine to justify your sin
18) You might die in the middle of committing your sin
19) You’re not persevering until the end
20) It won’t be as pleasurable as you think it will be
21) The pleasure will be short-lived
22) You’ll feel condemnation afterwards and rightly so
23) You’ll have a guilty conscience after it’s all said and done
24) Do you really want to do this AGAIN
25) What happened to the last time you “repented”
26) You might get an STD/STI
27) You might get pregnant out of wedlock
28) And then you might have an abortion
29) People will find out
30) You won’t be able to hide it or cover it up…at least not forever
31) You’ll give yourself a bad reputation
32) You’re going against God’s Word
33) You’re despising Jesus’ sacrifice
34) You’re trampling His blood under foot
35) You’re abusing the Grace of God
36) How much money will it cost you
37) You’re going to end up going deeper and deeper into sin
38) You might be destroying your body – lungs, heart, brain, liver, kidneys
39) You might end up in the hospital
40) You might die because of your sin
41) You’re not fulfilling God’s will and purpose for your life
42) You’re obeying the enemy of your soul – he hates you
43) You’re ignoring the one who died for you and loves you
44) You’re bringing shame to your mother and father
45) You’re not caring for the person you’re sinning with
46) You’re not caring for the person you’re sinning against
47) Are you treating someone like an object to fulfill sinful desires?
48) You’re being selfish
49) There is a way out
50) There are other options
51) You don’t have to give in
52) It’s not too much to handle with God’s help
53) You could pray and cry out to God for help, instead
54) You could submit to God and resist the devil, instead
55) You could take that thought captive instead of dwelling on it
56) You could flee instead of staying
57) You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you
58) You could overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit
59) You could memorize and meditate on more Bible verses
60) You could call a Christian friend, confess your sins or temptation and get accountability from them
61) You could keep a tight rein on your tongue instead of speaking your mind
62) You could have a fullness of Joy in God’s presence instead of being depressed
63) It’s not about you, it’s about HIM
64) Those pills will never help you
65) That bottle will never help you
66) Is that high really that great?
67) Has sin ever done you any good?
68) What has happened to others who have gone down this road?
69) Do you want to be Jesus’ friend or enemy?
70) Do you really love God?
71) It’s a waste of time
72) What could you be doing instead?
73) Is this really what you want to become of your life?
74) Jesus died to deliver you from this
75) You’re hurting/offending God
76) You won’t sleep well tonight
77) You’re going to forfeit joy & peace
78) Grace won’t cover your unrepentant disobedience
79 You may not have another opportunity to repent of this
80) What you’re being tempted to do is NOT forgiven ahead of time
81) Once saved, always saved isn’t true!
82) Jesus is going to reward everyone according to their works
83) Why continue to live in defeat when you can be victorious in Jesus’ name?
84) God provides a way out every time
85) God is angry with the wicked every day
86) If you regard iniquity in your heart, the Lord won’t hear your prayers
87) Your life is a vapor
88) You can’t be a witness and a sinner at the same time
89) You’ll reap what you sow
90) You don’t fear God
91) You aren’t walking in wisdom
92) You aren’t trusting in God
93) Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord
94) Pride goes before destruction
95) God opposes the proud
96) You will not prosper in sin
97) You’re not fulfilling God’s purpose for your life
98) Have you done whatever it takes to get the sin out of your life?
99) You can’t judge others if you’re sinning
100) If you commit sin then you are a slave to sin
101) If you don’t forgive others God won’t forgive you
102) We must, through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God
103) You might get cut off by God
104) Love is supposed to be without hypocrisy
105) You’re not abhorring what is evil and clinging to what is good
106) If you don’t love Jesus then you’re accursed
107) You’re not walking in the full armor of God
108) Your sanctification is God’s will
109) The Lord knows those who are TRULY His
110) You’re denying God by your works
111) You’re taking God’s name in vain
112) Christians will have to separate from you if you keep it up
113) Jesus has been tempted and can help you overcome this
114) Your faith is dead if you’re sinning
115) Friendship and the world is enmity with God
116) God sees your sin – He isn’t “blinded” by the blood of Jesus
I suppose that I could go on and think of many more. Yet, I think this will do for now. The next time you come close to giving into temptation, I pray that you’ll think upon many of these things. Some of these reasons may keep you from sinning against God and if so, PRAISE THE LORD!
This video may also be beneficial to you: